Friday 9 November 2012

Moonraker

Hey everyone, so today's beer of choice is a beer from the north of the United Kingdom, I hope you all enjoy !!! Please click on the feedback page and suggest some great beers for me to review for the blog. 

Beer Name:
Moonraker
Brewery:
J.W.Lees
Brewed and Bottled:
J.W. Lees & Co Ltd, Greengate Brewery, 
Middleton, Manchester, 
M24 2AX, United Kingdom.
Alcoholic Percentage:
6.5% Vol
Measure:
500ml
Taste:
Very Bitter, Smooth, Burnt Caramel, 
Bitter After Note, Very Slight Sweetness
Colour:
Dark Brown, Dark Like A Porter 
Odour:
Slight Caramel, Slight Chocolate
General Thoughts:
Moonraker is a smooth beer, bitter in taste and leaves a bitter after taste. There is a slight sweetness very slight though just taking the edge off. This is a surprising beer as its not overpowering in the slightest considering its strength. The biggest let down for me was the flavour of this beer. I was expecting a beer with a lot more flavour than it actually had. I would recommend this beer as its an easy drinking beer, however it doesn't really stand out for me.

Price:
€2.79 ( Based on Dublin Tesco 02/11/2012)


Shane

No comments:

Post a Comment