Tuesday 30 October 2012

A Hidden Gem to accompany Great Beer!!!!

Hey Guys & Girls, I thought I would post something a little different today, so instead of just a beer review I'm going to talk about a great accompaniment to go with good beer.

     So this weekend I went to the Ideal Home Show in Dublin and came across a fantastic little stand selling chutneys, jams and preserves. I was greeted by two lovely ladies that showed a real passion for their craft of making chutneys etc.
 I was so impressed with the passion and knowledge they had about chutneys and the love that they clearly put into making them. This got me thinking, what a perfect opportunity to write about some people that show the passion I have for Beer, in something that goes brilliantly with Beer.
Some of the products that they had on offer were:
  • Strawberry Jam
  • Plum Jam
  • Quince Chilli Jelly
  • Brandy Butter
  • Red Pepper Chilli Chutney
  • Apricot, Garlic & Ginger Chutney
I tried all of these as well as some others but these were the ones that I bought. They have a huge variety of different products many of which can be paired perfectly with a good beer. I would highly recommend this company and you can find their details below. I would recommend pairing the chutneys above with a nice full flavoured beer, something that stands alone but helps compliment the delicious flavours of the chutneys. I would suggest something smooth and not too heavy, a beer with citrus or honey notes. I would recommend Young's Bitter - Conditioned Ale which I have previously reviewed. You can find the review here

Crossogue Preserves
Crossogue House
Ballycahill, 
Thurles,
Co. Tipperary,
Ireland

Tel: +353 504 54 416
Website: www.crossoguepreserves.com
Email: info@crossoguepreserves.com

These guys are also on Twitter and Facebook.  I hope this gives you all a bit of inspiration to go out and try matching some chutneys with some great beers. This is the perfect time in the run up to Christmas. 

Would love to hear all your stories/recommendations about great produce that matches perfectly with great beer, and any feedback you may have!!!!
Shane

No comments:

Post a Comment